As we head towards November 11th, consider taking a moment to remember those who gave their lives in order for Canadians to have the freedoms we enjoy today. To commemorate this important event, here are some handmade items that remind me of happiness, peace, and beauty.
Crimson Silk Bella Dress by Faire Jour
Golden Poppy Pod Earrings by Foxine
Ceramic Poppy Plates by Clay Shapes
Tickled Pink Poppy Photograph by Sandy Wiggins Images
Silk Poppies Headpiece by Konigin
I’ve been so busy lately, getting my students ready for our upcoming year end dance recital. This is how I prepare the kids for the big show!
1) Practice with a partner. Support your classmates on and off stage.
“Let’s Dance” poster by Michelle Carlslund
2) Pull your hair back. You don’t want hair in your eyes when you dance.
“A Perfect Mess” illustration print by Emma Leonard.
3) Be make up ready. Theatre lighting can wash you out.
Wood make up organizer by Less & More.
4) Remember to bring your costume. Enough said.
Paris Window Photo by Anna Kiper Photography.
5) Stretch before you perform. You don’t want to pull a muscle.
Dancer Photograph by Prima Dancer Prints.
6) Smile! Unless you’re doing a serious lyrical dance, always smile!
Smile Pillow by Honey Pie Design
7) I just threw this one in because I think it’s sweet.
Tap Shoe Vintage Copper Tap Necklace by Contrary.
ballet, dance, dancer, etsy, handmade, illustration, makeup, photography, pillow, poster, recital, smile, tutu
baby, etsy, favourites, featured, handmade, jewelry, leather, photography, pottery, shop local, vancouver, wall decal